Why an electric motor?
• Light weight, portable design, far lighter than petrol outboards
• Completely environmentally friendly, no smell, no smoke, no noise .
• CE certified & built to ISO standards
• VERY low noise output makes electric outboards your ideal fishing
companion, you can now cruise up on that big fish in virtual silence.
• Maintenance free makes electric outboards your choice for your next
auxiliary engine - no more dirty carburettors, oiled up spark plugs,
stale fuel -etc.
• Low running costs, with the price of petrol increasing at an alarming
rate electric outboards are the sensible choice
Size or power of motor?
• 18 lb thrust motor is ideal for kayaks,canoes and dinghy to 6' and
will move a kayak or canoe at 3 or 4 mph in most conditions.
• The 40 ft /lb is ideal for fisherman in boats in sheltered locations
and is the a popular motor for fishers it will move most angling type
fishing boats at 3 to 4 mph in reasonable conditions.
• The 55 ft /lb motor is again a popular choice for anglers and is
suitable for larger waters and gives that little bit extra power that
can be required if the wind picks up, should move most fishing type
boats in the 12 to 16 size at 4 or 5 mph in reasonable conditions.
• Bison 62 ft/lb motor is ideal for the larger waters, sea and larger
• 86 ft/lb motors are 24 volt (2x12volt batteries in series) and have a
range of commercial uses and can move large boats.
To power your electric outboard you will need a DEEP CYCLE battery,
also known as a LEISURE battery in our experience 85Ah is an ideal
size for most applications.
As a rough rule of thumb, to calculate the size of battery you need,
just take the max amps draw of your desired motor from the table, and
times that by the number of hours you wish to use the motor. Then add
20% so you aren't completely draining your battery every time.
So, for the 55LB motor, 52A at max speed, We wish to run it for an hour,
so: 52amps x 1hours = 52
52 + 20% = 63 therefore we would require a 65 Amp Hour battery or
Also worth noting is that current consumption at slower speeds is much
less, you will draw about a quarter of the charge from your battery at
Servicing and Spares?
We have sold many thousands of electric motors since we started selling
electric trolling motors almost 10 years ago We have our own service
center and technician here at Newmill where we repair and service
electric outboards and electric fishing reels.
We carry a range of spare parts and our technician will always be happy
to give advice on modifications and faults.
*All orders received by 2pm
(Mon to Fri)
are shipped by courier
the same day as order received
48hr courier for standard delivery ,
Next day for express delivery option